HVAC Controls Estimator
RGBS is a growing enterprise and looking for a select, few top-notch employees to be on the ground ﬂoor of a great company and become part of our team. Our company is in the unique position of having a robust work backlog and an expanding sales opportunities list that is exciting. Our professionals are our most valued asset. Their contributions help us generate, preserve and protect our reputation, make smart decisions, and ensure service quality through operational excellence. We are always looking to expand our team with highly motivated, creative, and ethical professionals.
We are looking for an HVAC Controls estimator that will help the sales team in estimating and kicking off projects with our project team efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate should have experience in Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)/ Building Management Systems (BMS) and HVAC Building Control Systems projects or related HVAC and/or electrical experience.
- Review specifications, drawings and attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate. Prepare work to be estimated by gathering drawings, specifications and related documents.
- Perform take offs on drawing sets for instrumentation and controls to support all bids. Review bid documents prior to bidding, checking for completeness, accuracy and coordination with other trades.
- Interface with our project management software to set up jobs Set up our projects using our project management software.
- Work with PM teams to ensure jobs are properly being bid Effectively partners with companywide team members to accurately quantify materials and labor costs.
- Review project hours on finished project to ensure bidding is being improved and keeping the sales team informed. Conduct post sale follow up and turnover with internal teams to ensure all sales agreements have been accomplished per company standards, and customers are fully satisfied.
- Develop relationships with counter parts when supplying bids.
- Prepare estimates on multiple projects concurrently.
- Work collaboratively with all team members to ensure a smooth transition from prospect status to client status.
- Review pricing of change proposals and change orders. Rebid estimates as necessary.
- Create competitive, accurate, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively write, present and communicate bids. Negotiates value, address resistance when demonstrated and closes the sale with optimal profit levels.
- Recommends which bids to pursue based on a mixture of quantitative and qualitative information; Track and analyze competition and market pricing.
Knowledge, Skills & Education Qualifications:
Technical skills and education:
- At least three years successful track record estimating, selling building automation control solutions and project management
- Ability to develop credible estimates and proposals; accelerate sale process
- Business acumen
- S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Math/Science related degree recommended but not necessary with the proper experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office
Personal and organizational skills include :
- Creative problem solver with high energy and initiative to seek out and develop new sales opportunities
- Effective communicator and listener with various levels of customer personnel
- Establishes rapport easily; projects a positive, professional image
- Relationship management and customer service orientation
- Bottom-line oriented
- Must have knowledge of various HVAC products, systems, electronics, DDC Controls design and installation, and pneumatic controls.
- Maintain a monthly, proposal pipeline to support the annual Sales Goal
- Meet or exceed the project Gross Marginrequirement for estimates.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, sketches, specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write report, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Our company offers an entrepreneurial, and high energy work environment that facilitates employee development through:
▪ Internal training program and Reimbursement for industry Training Classes
▪ Hands on management that provides frequent feedback through positive engagement
▪ Flexible schedule to facilitate high quality of life for employees
▪ Clients consist of mostly fortune 500 companies that have robust budgets and required “state of the art” solutions.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay