Controls Service Technician
We are a growing enterprise and looking for a select, few top notch engineers to be on the ground floor of a great company and become part of our team. Your presence will make a direct impact. In addition you will have direct exposure to ownership.
Our company is in the unique position of having a robust work backlog and an expanding sales opportunities list that is exciting.
Our professionals are our most valued asset. Their contributions help us generate, preserve and protect our reputation, make smart decisions, and ensure service quality through operational excellence. They enable the organization to provide innovative engineering solutions, build and grow technologies and have deep commitments to applying high environmental standards to our activities. We are always looking to expand our team with highly motivated, creative, and ethical professionals.
We provide our customers with turn-key design build control systems, problem solving, analysis, engineering design, optimization, and project management solutions.
When our company is engaged we are not only working on implementations, our engineering knowledge allows us to add value every step of the way.
As an engineer you see the direct result of your work in the field on all your projects.
Our company offers an entrepreneurial, and high energy work environment that facilitates employee development through:
- Internal training program
- Reimbursement for industry Training Classes
- Hands on management that provides frequent feedback through positive engagement
- Flexible schedule to facilitate high quality of life for employees
- Clients consist of mostly fortune 500 companies that have robust budgets and required “state of the art” solutions.
The experienced Controls Service Technician candidate will be responsible for the servicing, commissioning and trouble-shooting of temperature control systems and product support to our customers.
- Management of our service contracts along with customer expectations.
- Perform service, start-ups, repairs, and trouble-shoot building temperature control systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance service as part of service agreements, periodic inspections, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Keeps current on all products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair.
- Provides technical support and basic training to customers.
- Available for occasional after hours and weekend shifts for after hours service.
- Travel to customer job sites is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with HVAC or building automation systems.
- Familiarity with programming requirements for DDC systems.
- Able to interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans, control drawings and other technical documents.
- Good knowledge of the operation, installation and servicing of peripheral devices.
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving skills; able to diagnose problems and implement cost-effective solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
RGBS is an equal opportunity employer and provides an excellent compensation package.